Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mics and Moods featuring Amy LaCour, ElectroPoetic Coffee,Akil Jennings, and Mouthpeace Oct 30th

Mics and Moods gets it rolling once again October 30th

This time we are featuring Akil Jennings,Reela B., Mouthpeace,ElectroPoetic Coffee, and Los Angeles recording artist Amy LaCour.
Check out the information on these artists, and come support real music,spoken word, and art.

Sol Collective
2574 21st street (near 21st and broadway)
9pm
$10



Amy LaCour


I was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. I grew up listening to my dad's soul record collection. I think that the first songs I ever heard were Stevie Wonder's- a pretty great place to start. When I was young, my mom signed me up for piano lessons. I protested. I am glad that her will was stronger than mine.
I went to college in New York. I was less interested in college than I was in the creative vibe of the city. It was there that I really learned to sing. I joined bands, listened to all types of music, started to write songs.
Eventually, I decided to return to the west coast, this time to Los Angeles where I now live. Here, I started to perform solo and gave greater focus to songwriting. In 2007, I got the opportunity to record, and released my first EP, Bitter Suite. It was pretty well received. American Songwriter gave it a four-star review, and Urban Network voted my song One Mans Stone one of the best songs of 2008. That led to radio play on several independent radio stations across the country.
Since that time I've been playing clubs and coffeehouses in and beyond Los Angeles. In the spring of 2009, I booked my first tour and hit the road playing solo throughout the American southwest and later that year, up the California coast. This year, the focus has been on recording a follow-up to Bitter Suite.















Akil
www.baybrotha.com

Akil is the CEO of Platinum Bound Media Group,which produces the Home Grown Soul Show.He is an accomplished accoustic soul singer,musician,and hip hop artist.
Check him out on Facebook or on his site www.baybrotha.com

Mouthpeace



Making his debut on to Sacramento's Hip-Hop Music scene is, Reela B. This young rapper/producer has been creating original tracks since the age of 15. Now at age 20, Reela is taking control of his destiny and has founded TakeFlyht Inc., a marketing company which he used to present his first mixtape of the year. Now coming to the stage this fall, Reela B. and Takeflyht Inc. are promoting a tribute to legendary Hip-Hop producer J. Dilla. The Reela-Dilla will be Reela's second release of the year and he plans on getting the tribute mixtape to every ear in Sacramento. For new music from Reela.B check youtube or reelabeats.bandcamp.com where The Reela-Dilla will be available for free on October 25th

No comments:

Post a Comment